Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mommy Needs An Ice Pack for her Butt

Now that we're done the 25K, my friend and I are in training for the Iroquoia Trail Test 32K.  We went for a run today, almost 20K.  It was a route mostly through the city and it was more cement than we are used to doing.  At one point I turned to her and said, "You know, I have never iced my butt before but there's a first time for everything, and it's going to be today." 

My butt was aching.  This has never happened to me before while running.  I know what it was: boot camp. 

I do this amazing boot camp that is three times a week, and it's hard-core.  That's why I love it.  The last class was yesterday.  Obviously we worked our glutes.  I mean, we worked everything, like we always do; it's all about full-body workouts.  But I did notice that my glutes were a bit on the sore side this morning.

However, it sure got worse after running 20K.  I'm not sure why.  That's funny, isn't it?

What was funny was my friend and I doing this 20K run when we were tired and had drank wine the night before, and it was raining and our muscles were sore.  And we were talking about how runners are kind of crazy people.  And we said it with completely straight faces!  As if we're not runners.  As if we're not those people.  You know, the crazy ones.

We're the ones who talked about doing a marathon and then decided to just do the 50K race next year at Sulphur Springs.  Because that's...more than a marathon. 8K more!  And it's on trails.  Hilly trails.  Which is much harder than a road race.  So, yeah.  That's us.

Crazy.  With sore butts.  Luckily we're having fun.  See you on the trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment