Thursday, May 2, 2013

I'm still waitin for my knee to heal, and I'm really missing running. My husband yelled down to me today that he was, "going out with the dog." I think he meant to leave right away, but I caught him on his way out the door, wearing his running gear and a sheepish grin. He felt guilty for going when I couldn't.

When I try to tell people what it is that not just attracts me to trail running, but actually makes me addicted, I mention the scenery and the sense of calmness. And depending on who it is, they may understand a bit of it. Then I saw this article on the Trail Runner Magazine website today. It truly sums up much of what I feel.

The author says that trail runners are generally risk-takers and how the author believes this can help them to not settle for average, but to be more adventurous in all aspects of their lives. I've always thought that a great time out is one that creates an adventure, one you can tell an interesting story about to your friends and family. I think that the best lives are lived by experiencing as much as you can (within reason of course).

"Trail running can result in bold and positive changes in the lives of those who truly embrace it." says the author, Jannine Myers.

Myers concludes her article with: "Every path traveled is full of obstacles that threaten to stop us in our tracks. Yet, diverting to a safer, more traveled path that leads to an “average” destination simply isn't an option."

Read the full article at: http://www.trailrunnermag.com/people/culture/601-running-the-path-less-traveled
 

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you, Tara! There is so much that you can do in life; why not try a huge variety? And who knows, you may find your passion!

    ReplyDelete