Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Iron: It's Important for Runners!




If you feel like this, you may need this: iron!

I found out that my iron levels are quite low, which led me into research that demonstrates how important iron is, particularly for runners:

http://runnersconnect.net/running-nutrition-articles/iron-deficiency-in-runners/


Now I'm taking supplements and trying to increase the iron in my diet.  I may have taken it a bit too far.  I tried a liver smoothie.  I'm desperate, okay?  I'm supposed to run a 50K race in a few weeks and I am seriously dragging.  I thought if I put in lots of blueberries and dates that it would taste okay.  I was wrong.  And then today I found out that you shouldn't have too much liver.  I don't understand why or I would tell you.  So now I'm going for pumpkin seeds.  I can SO do pumpkin seeds!  Bring them on.  And a pumpkin seed smoothie...sounds so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment