Monday, May 27, 2013

I Did It! My First 50K





Here is a link to the post on my other blog about finishing my first ultramarathon:

http://whendoibecomecompetentagain.blogspot.ca/


I'm happy to report I did get through the race.  Here are my lists from before the race (keeping in mind that I'm an amateur):


Weeks Before Race:

  • hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
  • drink beet juice daily

Night Before Race:

  • charge BlackBerry
  • charge Garmin watch
  • charge iPod
  • set out whole outfit for race
  • pack back with extra clothes, shoes, deodorant, jacket
  • cut toenails
  • put all food in camelback pockets (I put in Larabars and jellybeans and a Clif Builder Bar)
  • pack chapstick in camelback pocket
  • pack sunglasses/hat


Day of Race:

  • drink water
  • eat breakfast two hours before race
  • drink coffee
  • put on blister bandages
  • put on chapstick
  • fill camelback with water
  • put on sunscreen
  • get iPod ready to 'Running List'
  • get dressed!
  • take banana for 30 minutes before race

GOOD LUCK!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment