Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Science of Running Until You're 100 in the RR Magazine

I love it when I get a new Running Room magazine.  And no, no one is paying me to say that.  It's true. Anything on running, I love it.  The July/August 2012 issue had an especially interesting article in it about running until you're 100.  That is one of the things I love about running; that you can excel even as you get older.  It's amazing.  It's not like many sports where, once you hit 30, you're considered 'retired'.  You can just keep running and keep reaching for new goals.  And running helps you live longer and more healthy too.  What's not to like?

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/5c6203e7#/5c6203e7/30

I ran the other night and since it was hot, I thought, okay, let's do a nice slow run.  I put 'Death Cab for Cutie', 'Damien Rice' and 'Glen Hansard' on my iPod, and it was fabulous.  It wasn't a heart-pounding, exhilarating run like usual, but it was just right for the weather and for my mood.  And, as usual, I felt great during and after.

Guess I'll keep on running.


No comments:

Post a Comment