Thursday, July 26, 2012

No Excuse Fitness Got Me Into Downtown Hamilton



I usually go to boot camp at Truth Martial Arts, which is an amazing boot camp (see earlier post), but there is a break right now between classes.  So I looked for another gym to attend in the meantime, and I found No Excuse Fitness - boxer Ryan Rannelli's gym. 

The location I saw initially was on Locke Street, where I go quite often.  However, the main and permanent location is on King William street right in downtown Hamilton.

I'm going to be honest.  I was scared to go alone the first time.  Not just because it was in downtown Hamilton, but because it was an evening class and I didn't know what to expect or where to park and so on.  It's not just the Hamilton downtown where I would be afraid to go to alone at night.  I'm all for the revitalization of the core but we have some ways to go. 

Anyway, a friend and I went and everything was good.  It's a nice big gym with a great atmosphere.  I love the work outs.  There are 'Challenges of the Day' which (in my limited experience) are usually circuits with lots of difficult moves such as dead lifts, walking lunges holding a medicine ball, hitting tires with a sledgehammer (LOVE that one), as well as using kettlebells and resistance bands and other equipment.  The gym has showers, and also offers food packages.  I haven't tried any of the food options yet but they look yummy and healthy and I'm intrigued.

I also took my first boxing class last night.  It was so much fun!  It's just amazingly therapeutic to punch the !@#$ out of a heavy bag.  I highly recommend it.

I've taken classes with three different instructors so far and I liked all of them and felt that they all really knew their stuff.  They made helpful suggestions and were friendly and approachable.

Way to go, No Excuse!  Not only did you get me into downtown Hamilton (and are keeping me there) but you're whipping me into shape at the same time.  My thighs are killing me. (Yes!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment