Friday, April 19, 2013

Boston Marathon 2013

I think I will always remember where I was when I first heard about the bombings at the Boston Marathon.  I was in a car dealership trying to keep the kids happy while my husband talked over vans with a salesman.  I saw it on the TV they had playing in the children's area.  At first I didn't believe it.  Who would put bombs at a marathon?  What would people have against runners?  Against family members who would be cheering them on?  People come from all over the world to run the Boston Marathon.  It didn't make sense.  It doesn't make sense.  It will never make sense because sense isn't remotely involved.

I stood there in front of the breaking news in shock.  I felt like I should take my children away from the TV but I felt incapable of moving. All you can hope for when you have children is that they will never be touched by such senseless hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment