Monday, November 26, 2012

Commando Mom


I was reading a book to my kids tonight, and the word 'commando' was used, as in, 'It's good to have a commando on your team'.  The kids didn't know what the word meant so I was trying to describe it. 

"It's someone who is really strong and fit - who can lift heavy things and do hard stuff."  I explained.

My oldest son said to his siblings, "You know...like Mom."

Commando Mom!  I love it.

I do lots of things wrong as a parent, but I like that I'm doing some good role modelling for fitness.

The other day, my five year old daughter cautioned me not to dump out her drink in the sink because she wasn't finished with it yet.  "I still need to hydrate, Mom."  she told me coolly.

You need to hydrate to be the best commando you can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment