Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What's YOUR Internal Dialogue?





This is what Ryan Rannelli asked me today while I was working out at his gym, 'No Excuse Fitness' in downtown Hamilton.

What a great question.

I was doing this one exercise during a boot camp class and he had made me do a harder version, and I was struggling.  He watched me for a bit, and then said, 'What's your internal dialogue right now?'

It made me think.  He was right.  I was saying to myself, 'This is so hard.  I really suck at this.'

I had learned while running that your internal dialogue is important, but some lessons you just need to keep learning.  (Okay, every lesson?)

I needed to change my self-talk from negative to positive.  I said to myself, 'I can do this.'

Honestly, this helped.  It's amazing.  It shows you the power of your mind.

Thank you Ryan!

What's YOUR internal dialogue?

No comments:

Post a Comment